About Meijer Credit Union
As a member, you not only have access to outstanding products and services, but also to three exclusive member benefit programs, a wide variety of special discounts, and important insurance services for you and your family. Meijer Credit Union is a not-for-profit organization. That allows us to return profits to our members in the form of higher dividends on savings, lower interest on loans, and great products and services. Meijer Credit Union is a financial cooperative formed by a group of people – members, not customers – that provided the initial capital to start the credit union by pooling their money together as savings to make low cost loans to each other. We even go the extra mile to provide financial resources and information to help you lead a healthy financial life!
To become a member or for more information, contact us at (616) 784-4822, and a member services representative will be happy to assist you. You can also fill this online membership application.
If you are viewing the Meijer Credit Union website on a mobile device click here to fill out a membership application.
Here are a few of the benefits of membership:
- Once a member, always a member, no matter where you work or live!
- $5.00 deposit is all it takes to join!
- $5.00 equals one share and one vote.
- Each account, up to $250,000, is insured and protected by the NCUA Federal Share Insurance Fund.
- Since you are an owner, you elect the Board of Directors from within our membership and they decide the strategic direction of your credit union.
- You have a say in your financial future.
- We offer convenient ways for you to access your money 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free, confidential financial counseling is available to members through Accel Members Financial Counseling.
- We offer a variety of benefit programs, member discounts, and insurance products.
- Competitive rates…we almost always beat bank rates, and we will try to find the best rate for you – every time!
- Employees of Meijer, Inc., Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Persons who reside, work, attend school, or worship within any county in the State of Michigan.
- Licensee employees permanently assigned to work in Meijer units (excluding those individuals having credit union service available by virtue of union affiliation or employer-sponsored service).
- Persons on pension arising from such employment.
- Members and immediate families of the foregoing.
- Any legal entity that is comprised for the most part of the same general group as the membership of the credit union as outlined above.