News and Events
Recent Ransomware Outbreak
Meijer Credit Union wants to inform you about a recent ransomware outbreak. Please read this article for more details. Remember to always be cautious of suspicious emails and phone calls, and never disclose personal information to untrustworthy sources.
Mobile Deposit is now available!
With Meijer Credit Union's Mobile Deposit, you can make a mobile check deposit directly into your eligible account using the Meijer Credit Union App for supported Apple® or Android devices. Your deposit is secure and as convenient as depositing checks at one of our locations.
Sign up for Mobile Deposit using our MCU app. When signing up, make sure to first click on "signup for mobile deposit." Take photos of the front and back of your check and submit.
You'll need four things to get started:
• An eligible Meijer CU checking or savings account
• Your mobile device - Mobile Deposit is supported on iPhone® and iPad® running iOS 7.0+, Android mobile devices running OS 4.4+
• The Meijer Credit Union app - Mobile Deposit is available in the MCU Mobile app, just visit the app store for your mobile device and search for Meijer Credit Union
• Verification Email - After signing up for mobile deposit, you will receive a verification email confirming your enrollment
Apple Pay™ now available for MCU debit cards!
Meijer Credit Union is thrilled to announce Apple Pay as one more, easy, secure source of payment for Members. Apple Pay is a convenient way to pay with your Meijer Credit Union MasterCard™ debit card or VISA credit card. Apple Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your iPhone® 6 or iPhone 6 Plus by holding your phone near a contactless reader. You can also use your phone, iPad Air 2™ and iPad Mini™ 3 to pay within certain apps.
By using Apple Pay, you get the following reassurance:
- Your card information is not stored on your mobile device or on Apple's server. As your card number and security code are not used in any financial transaction, the information is not available for hackers to access.
- Apple Pay uses a 16 digit token in place of your debit or credit card number specifically for your device along with a dynamic security code unique to each transaction. Instead of using a PIN or signature to authorize the transaction, Apple Pay uses TouchID™ and your finger print on the iPhone® 6 home button. If your card is ever lost or stolen, your token can be reassigned to a new card.
- If your mobile device is ever lost or stolen, you can use the "Find My iPhone" feature to quickly set your device in "Lost Mode," disabling purchasing ability and the ability to get into the phone without a PIN entry, or you can wipe all information from your iPhone completely.
We are working closely with our credit card provider to also be able to offer Apple Pay with our credit card; however, Visa and Apple control how quickly we will be able to offer this service. To learn more about Apple Pay, visit www.apple.com/apple-pay/.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay, Touch ID, iPad Air, and iPad mini are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Be Aware of Tax Return Scams
Scams take many different paths, but in all cases the purpose of the fraudulent attempt is to steal your money and/or your identity. In the case of tax scams, an individual makes contact via a phone call or email and presents themselves as an employee of the IRS or your state's tax authority under the pretext of wanting to "help" with your tax filing. In more cases than not, this type of tax scam involves an unsolicited, phony email regarding your tax refund or bill and threatens an audit if you do not pay. These tax fraud emails typically include the tax service's name and official seal and often link to a phony website that mimics the real site in order to appear official.
For more information on how to recognize an attempted tax return scam, visit the Fraud Alerts & Protection section of our website.