It doesn't matter if you're purchasing your first vehicle or upgrading to a newer model — Meijer CU offers new and used auto loans with competitive rates and flexible payment terms to meet almost any budget. We will give you pre-approval for better buying power, and quick local decisions to expedite your purchase.
- Financing available for new or used vehicles
- Pre-approvals available for extra buying power
- Flexible terms and competitive rates
- Quick approval process and local decision-making
- No prepayment penalty
- Friendly, experienced loan advisors
- Personal service from your credit union for the life of the loan
- Route 66 Extended Warranty
Meijer Credit Union is pleased to offer Route 66 Extended Warranties. All vehicles qualify for a warranty plan regardless of age or miles. Route 66 Extended Warranties are the most comprehensive coverage for all makes and models of automobiles. They not only protect your investment from expensive mechanical breakdowns, but also come with:
- No deductibles
- 24/7/365 roadside assistance
- Rental car allowance
- Towing coverage
- Tire damage protection
- Trip interruption coverage
- Nationwide coverage
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Affordable pricing
With the Route 66 Extended Warranty's open enrollment, you can purchase your warranty at any time during the life of your vehicle. One of the nicest features of the Route 66 Extended Warranty is that they are fully transferable. With the price of vehicles constantly on the rise as well as the cost of repairing them, it only makes sense to purchase a warranty. Protecting your investment with a Route 66 Extended Warranty provides "peace of mind" because even the most reliable vehicle can breakdown.
A Route 66 Extended Warranty for your vehicle is more affordable than you might think. Also, if you are in the market for a new or used auto, Meijer Credit Union can easily factor an extended warranty into your auto loan. Route 66 Extended Warranties are often significantly less expensive than dealership warranties. Call (800) 962-6378 opt. 3 to speak with a loan officer about coverage and pricing information.
- GAP Insurance
Purchasing a vehicle is a significant investment, and Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Insurance is one way you can protect that investment. GAP Insurance covers the difference between your outstanding loan balance and the value your insurance company assigns to the vehicle in the event of a total loss or theft. It even covers up to $500 of your deductible on your insurance claim up to two times a year for three years with Auto Deductible Reimbursement.
GAP Insurance is available for a one-time $399 fee that can be rolled right into your loan amount at the time of financing with Meijer Credit Union. The one-time cost spread out over your loan payments can potentially save you hundreds or thousands of dollars in the event of an accident or theft.
What is GAP?
- In the event of a total loss accident or theft of your vehicle, your insurance company's settlement can be significantly less than the outstanding loan balance. This may create a deficiency balance or a "gap" that could result in a serious financial hardship. GAP Insurance is designed to relieve you of the responsibility of the remainder of your loan balance that your insurance company doesn't cover.
What does GAP cover?
- GAP covers the difference between your outstanding loan balance and the actual value of your vehicle (insurance company settlement) less any deductions.
- With Auto Deductible Reimbursement, GAP also covers up to $500 of your deductible on your insurance claim up to two times a year.
GAP Advantage Benefit:
- With the GAP Advantage Benefit, you may also be eligible to receive an additional $1,000 benefit. This $1,000 is used towards the purchase of a replacement vehicle when you finance through Meijer Credit Union.
- To receive the $1,000 Advantage Benefit there must be a total loss, and a new loan must be made for a replacement vehicle with Meijer Credit Union within 90 days of when your vehicle is determined to be a total loss.
Example of how GAP Advantage works